Choosing the right agent can be detrimental to the sale of your home. Do you have the right agent?
In this market there are A LOT agents who sell real estate. Some of them are smart, efficient, focused, versatile and willing to go the extra mile. And some of them…..aren’t.
How do you know who is the right agent to sell YOUR home?
An agent who is local is usually a area expert, but are they motivated to sell YOUR home?
Here are some questions to ask:
The days of agents just putting a For Sale sign in the yard and hoping for the best are gone. Look for an agent who does aggressive and innovative marketing, especially on the Internet. All MLS systems syndicate to 1000’s of websites BUT how is your agent going to make you house stick out, what Creating marketing are they going to do to get buyers to look at your home?
1. What is your Marketing strategy?
2. How do you go above and beyond for me?
3. How is your marketing different from other agents?
4. Do you use Social networking sites to promote your listings
Numbers are important when selecting the right agent. Do you want a new agent, who only has your home listed and is very motivated for their first sale? Do you want a seasoned agent who already has a clientele built up, and can sell a home with their eyes closed?
1. How long have you been an agent?
2. How many homes did you sell last year?
3. What is your ratio of sales price vs. asking price?
Communication is key with an agent. If you want weekly updates don’t choose an agent who plans to contact you only if there’s an offer. You want an agent who answers their phone or promptly returns phone calls, If you cant get ahold of your agent, how do you think buyers can?
1. Does the agent use Text messaging, or email communication?
2. If you miss a call from me how quickly do you respond?
3. Do you have backup, If you are unavailable do you have someone who can still help answer questions?
Last but not least… CAN YOU PROVIDE ME WITH REFRANCES? Look on trulia.com, Realtor.com or other real estate websites for reviews. Ask around, ask your friends who would they recommend? When speaking to an agent ask them if they have any references or any reference letters?
Ask detailed questions about their experience and skills to help you find the right agent for your home sale.